View Single Post
Old 17-09-2007, 15:59
De Paddock Regular

Mag ik hierop even antwoorden.

Ook ik ben niet helemaal akkoord met antwoorden 31b en e.
Ik heb diverse mails verstuurd naar Australië.
Ik wil jullie er één laten zien van het Oran Park zelf.
Zij bevestigen duidelijk zelfs de naam van de bocht erbij en welke race het was :"De Rothmans 500", blijkbaar was Brain G. zelf ter plaatse op dat ogenblik.
Als jullie willen kan ik er nog enkele mails opzetten maar te veel natuurlijk ook niet, want dan geef ik weer teveel van mijn bronnen vrij, hé.

----- Original Message -----
To: Neville Beyer
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:43 PM
Subject: RE: Question

Hi Nev,
Sorry it has taken so long to answer your question.
I concur that the car is the Moffat Ford Dealers Falcon shot at Oran Park exiting Suttons. The event is the Rothmans 500 for touring cars which took place on Sunday June 12, 1977. Bond and Moffat shared the car which dropped out of the race after 96 laps.
By the way the prize money for the event was $40,000 with $17,000 going to the winner.
If the shot was taken slightly later it may well have shown me on the spectator hill just out of the esses.
Regards,

Brian G
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 9:45 AM
To: Brian Goulding
Subject: Fw: Question

Brian,
As per our conversation this morning, could you please give me your learned opinion on the attached photo. I think it is 1977, Alan Moffat driving, and because of the Moffat/Bond logos on the side, part of an enduro round. It looks like Oran Park Turn 9 (Suttons/Robin Orlando) because of the wall, fencing and light pole. There was an enduro that year, the Rothmans 500, but I do not have that particular program or result. Can you help!!!

Regards Nev. Beyer

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Neville Beyer'
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:03 AM
Subject: FW: Question

Bob,
I have forwarded your question to someone who may know more about the questioon, But it does appear to Alan Moffat in an XC Falcon - I'm not sure if it is Oran Park but Mr. Beyer will know

Jeff Boulous
Manager
Oran Park Raceway& Driftland
www.oranpark.com
ph. (02) 46461004
Mobile: 0417 219 431

Ik wou er eigenlijk geen punt van maken, (ik sta toch ter ver achter ) maar ik denk dat er toch een foutje staat op de site van Ickx.
Hopelijk kunnen jullie je er in vinden dat Bathurst dus niet klopt.

Met vriendelijke groetjes

het blussertje